Saturday, August 13, 2011

All wet.

Well, the ride up to Wilberforce was awesome. Bike ran like a champion as usual and once I was off the 401 it was quiet and scenic. Closer to the cottage I hit a bunch of twisties and rolled up to the cottage just as I was losing the sun. Perfect.

The ride home however was not so fun...

It started out great until I caught up to the storm... Then I got to play bridge troll under a number of different bridges all the way down the 115 for about 3 hours. I was SOAKED. But, it was still great and as soon as the rain finally stopped I was up and running, air drying in no time.

I think this trip has finally sold me on picking up an aftermarket wind screen for the bike. I have the stock fairing but unfortunately it was damaged before I bought the bike and I can't mount it. Some waterproof riding boots would have been nice too...

Good thing my birthday's coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment